The steps for installing older versions of MySQL in Ubuntu 20.04 are as follows:
- Download MySQL from this link: https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/community/
- Unzip the tar file with this command:
tar xvf mysql-server_5.x.x-1debian9_amd64.deb-bundle.tar
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the files and run the command: dpkg -i *.deb
- The step above will throw errors and we will rectify them with the next step.
- Run sudo apt-get –fix-broken install to fix the errors
And that is all there is to install older version of MySQL in Ubuntu 20.04.
Original article can be found here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1029634/install-mysql-5-6-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/